Friday, September 18, 2009

Walgreens Shopping-Cat Food

I started shopping at Walgreen's beginning of 2009. I was just starting to clip coupons. Trying to figure out how to better our quality of life. Walgreen's Register Reward was my new lesson. I buy an item, toothpaste for example use a coupon and get back the money you paid in a Register Reward which is a Walgreen's coupon. I bought Rembrandt Toothpaste for $5.00, had a newspaper coupon for $1.00 (score!). Paid $4.00 (I'll leave out taxes for now) and received a $5.00 Register Reward back. Now Walgreen's call their Register Rewards coupons is dodgey for me. I have read so many blogs explaining how it works. Hands on experience also helps.
My sister and I went to Walgreen's and bought Truth North Almond Crisps for $3.00 each. We both had a $1.00 coupon. Our out of pocket expense each, $2.00. Register Reward $3.00.
Cat food sale-Friskies cans 6 for $3.00, Purina Cat Chow-Kitten Formula 3lb bag $6.50 (ouch).
I have a coupon for $3.oo off Purina Cat Chow. Our out of pocket expense was $1.00 because we bought a filler item to go with Walgreen's rules. I know I am explaining the Walgreen's rules horribly so please read CouponMom.com, DealSeekingMom.com and Hip2save.com, Frugaliving.com, KrazyCouponLady.com, BeCentsable.net, and so many more other I cannot remember.
There are so many animal coupons right now. Perhaps it was the right time to find the cat. I am worried about a vet. So far, so good. Nimaya is farting her way to good health, and I found a couple of Cat Litter coupons, mazeltov to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment