Monday, September 14, 2009

MTV

My sister is jokes. We are both middle-aged, so we are not the core group MTV is trying to appeal to. My sister loves television. She has been like this since she came to america as a teenager. When she lived in New York and cable came to Brooklyn her part time job went to paying the cable.
Fast Forward 2008, my sister has been fighting cancer for five years. I am also ill and we cannot afford cable. My sister will not speak to me. I look for ways to entertain us because we are both ill and Thank God for the Library and free movie rentals. 2009-we have Comcast (who lowered there price to $30.00) because we cannot get Dish Network(so much cheaper and great packages) in our apartment complex.
My sister and I used to enjoy the MTV videos and she likes a few of their shows. Crazy Teenagers and aging ones make my sister laugh. Tonight was the Video Music Awards and my sister cannot stand Lady GaGa.
Lady GaGa mixes what looks like performance art with songs that I personally do not like. My sister adores Beyonce. Watching her yell at Lady GaGa all night and smile at all the nonsense told me why some sacrifices are worth it.
70% of our lives are spent ill, in pain and struggling to function. Really laughing at our tough times and not quitting is what life is really about. Faith! Plus the nutty sister telling the Lady GaGa that she is not Beyonce is pretty cool too!

No comments:

Post a Comment