Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cat Whisperer-Piggy gets a Cat


Piggy and I were bin shopping. We were watching the workers in our building throwing out furniture hoping to score. We saw a table and went for it. The tabletop was rotted but we heard a cat crying in one of the storerooms. The cat meowed and Piggy meowed back. Definitely the cry of a kitten. Piggy coaxed the kitten out of the storeroom and the little wildebeast rubbed herself on her legs and then did the same to me.
Every worker was asking us to take the cat because it had been crying for days. The cat is so skinny and young (7 months). We brought her upstairs and feed her tuna. She gave us look that said "One can ladies are you kidding me, I am skin and bones". Piggy named her Needy, then Greedy. Afterall your not a Needy cat if you act like an entitled queen who lost her throne. I told Piggy she is just Greedy for now.
In my opinion we are not prepared for a cat. Physically we are constantly fatigued by our health problems. We live on Piggy's Social Security check. How do we afford a vet, food etc.?
We are already Squeezing out Cents.
Piggy gave me that look that says figure it out. Greedy is shrieking for more food. I do not want her to get a stomach ache so to distract the cat Piggy bathed her. We have a small stockpile of 15 BumbleBee tuna (White Albacore in water, Pathmark $.77 sale) She has a couple of fleas on her so we researched natural flea baths. Piggy bought a cat litter box from the dollar store and I put newspaper and dirt I had for planting. The dirt I bought from Shoprite was good for outdoor plants not indoor. Five dead plants later...I am glad to recycle the dirt and the newspaper. Now we are cooking with gas.
The cat acts like Piggy and I have always been here. She is so neat with the litter box its astonishing. It really is the royal arse. She also has the worst gas I have smelled since the pipe leaked in the street. Noxious fumes aside, Niyama as I have named her thinks she is the Queen here. Welcome to your castle in Philadelphia little one, you are indeed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment